- This event has passed.
Inaugural AAPI Community 3v3 Charity Basketball Tournament
July 17 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$20.00
Inaugural Asian American & Pacific Islander (AAPI) Community 3v3 Charity Basketball Tournament
The National Association of Asian American Professionals, Washington, D.C. (NAAAP DC) is excited to host the inaugural AAPI Community 3v3 Charity Basketball Tournament in partnership with FYP-DC!
- $20/person playing
- We will have a maximum of eight (8) teams. Spots will go to the first eight registered AND paid teams.
- Payment needs to be sent via PayPal to @NAAAPDC.
- If no PayPal, please Venmo @jknguyen3. Payment must be submitted by July 13. Entry fees are non-refundable
The team coach is entirely responsible for making sure that their players fully understand tournament rules and regulations before game time
- Only three (3) players from a team are allowed on the court at all times
- One (1) female minimum on the court at all times
- A team can have up to two (2) substitutes
- No team shall have a player roster of more than five (5) players
- Substitutes can only be made in between break-in plays
- Teams cannot have two (2) or more players that are currently playing or have played NCAA Division I or II college basketball in the last four years. Teams will be asked to reduce or change rosters, otherwise, they will be eliminated from the tournament
Whichever team gets to 16 points first wins, or 20 minute game limit. First to 16 or highest score after 20 minutes wins
- If tied at 20 minute mark, next point wins
- The winner of the basketball tournament will get a portion of the tournament proceeds donated to their charity of choice
- Each game will begin with one person from each team making free throws. The winner of rock-paper-scissors will receive the first throw. The first person to make a free throw will get first possession for their team
- Single elimination bracket – each team is guaranteed one game only
- Teams will call own fouls; a foul call and made shot in continuation is a counted point(s)
- A designated backup referee makes the final call on all disputes by appeal from either team; otherwise, teams make their own calls (i.e. – traveling, foul, out of bounds, etc.); this individual cannot play for either team, they must be third-party and generally knowledgeable of basketball rules
- Any shot made within the three point line is worth one (1) point, any shot on or outside of the three point line is worth two (2) points
- If the ball goes out of bounds and team possession is unable to be determined, the last player to shoot the ball will shoot a free throw for possession
- All jewelry must be removed. Necklaces, earrings and watches can not be worn during the game
- A flagrant/technical foul will result in a player’s dismissal from the game
- Fighting by any individual (either on or off the court) will result in the individuals involved being ejected from the game
- Sportsmanship is expected of all players and their fans
- Have fun and be safe!
All players must be a paid (or active, for organizations who do not have a membership fee) member or staff of the organization they are playing for.
- All participants, coaches and spectators shall refrain from using profanity or verbal abuse towards other players, coaches, spectators, referees and the tournament staff
- This is a Drug and Alcohol Free Event. No alcoholic beverages or drugs are allowed on the premises. Any coach or player(s) engaged in the use of alcohol or drugs will be disqualified from further participation in the tournament
- Team coaches will be responsible for the conduct of their players. Teams and spectators shall abide by the tournament rules and regulations
- Should any team, player(s) or coach be disqualified from tournament play, there will be no refunds
- The Tournament Director and the tournament staff are not responsible for any personal items that are left behind, lost or stolen
The Tournament Director has the right to alter rules, bylaws and bracket structure as needed